Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Day 137: Casting the future


Robert with the 2008 Green Party presidential candidate Cynthia McKinney in Washington D.C. and Robert putting a tough question to Barack Obama in our homestate, Illinois.

I have a photo of my grandfather Robert and me standing on the court house steps in Charleston, IL when he took me to get registered to vote, this was within days of my turning 18. At the time I had no idea how much this would mean to me later. He also did this for my sister and four cousins when they turned 18. Robert was a World War II veteran, dedicated political activist and felt strongly that every citizen of the United States should have a voice. Today is a historic day in our country and I am thrilled to be casting a vote on behalf of Robert- for someone that I truly believe in.

The change possible as a result of today's election is palpable and growing stronger by the second. Enjoy the unfolding everyone!

If you are in Park Slope, come by and have tea with us! We would love to pause, reflect, celebrate and dance in the streets with you!

If anyone wants to know about options available beyond our standard 2 party system, here's a link to the 10 key values of the Green Party.


No comments: